Friday, October 23, 2009

Imagery

Imagery- The verbal expression of sensory experience descriptive or figurative language. Used to create word pictures. Imagery is created by details that appeals to one or more of the 5 senses.

In the novel it shows Imagery because, the author describes every detail specifically.
For example on pg 1 " I watched their wings shining like bits of chrome in the dark and felt the longing in my chest. The way those bees flew, not even looking for a flower ,just flying for the feel of wind ,split my heart down its seam."
This is descriptive because you can imagine what she is seeing in your head like a picture just painted and you can here the bees buzzing in your ears.
Another example is on pg 67 " A house so pink it remained scorched on the back of my eyelids after i looked away."
She creates an image in my head like the sun because it so bright and that happens so I imagine the house doing that to my eyes.
This are examples of Imagery.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you this helped me so much on one of my assignments and actually helped me understand how the author used imagery.

    ReplyDelete